Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Christmas Quilt step two

Ok, so I have all the blocks made.  Now it is time top set them in rows.  For this quilt they will be set 4 rows across by 10 long.  2 1/2 yards of fabric will be enough for the sashing and outside border if you choose to put one on.  Today I cut two 6 1/2" strips from the white fabric for the sashing. 















OK, I really should have pressed it before cutting the strips (VBG), after pressing I sub cut these into 30 - 2 1/2" x 6 1/2" rectangles. 















I then assembled them into rows, here they are hanging over the longarm quilting frame.

Tomorrow I will be cutting the horizontal sashings and assembling the quilt top.  I am really loving how this is coming together.   Please share with me if you make one of these.  I can't believe how fast this one is going together!

No comments:

Post a Comment