Thursday, October 22, 2009

#948, #949, and when your done with the blocks #394 and #388

So today block is refered to as Peek Hole (948), Necktie(949), and Bowtie(949). There is a tutorial here that I posted on my other blog and it is a 3 dimensional version but still has the same finished look.
The finished quilt I am featuring in today's post was purchased at an estate auction in Pepin Wisconsin probably more than 10 years ago now.
The quilt has got some really great fabrics.  I am thinking 30's and 40's fabrics.  Some are feed sacks.

How about those yellow setting squares.  I know that was yardage as there was some of that in the fabric box I bought at the same auction.  It is only 36" wide.

The stripes, plaids and florals all blend together very well.


just another view of some more of the great fabrics. 

Finally a view of the full quilt.  Sorry it was very over cast on picture day.  This quilt is a summer quilt, meaning it has either a very light blanket or a flannel sheet for the filling.  It is hand quilted in the ditch.  I believe the quilt was never used.  I remember that it smelled like the cedar chest when I bought it.    When the blocks are put together the way these are, it is refered to as Joseph's Necktie (388,394).  I hope you enjoyed this bright cheery quilt today.

Here is a sneak peek at number 602.  I am working on the tutorial for this block.  I was also thinking this would make a great quilt along for those who need to work on perfecting their 1/4" seam allowances.  Any input or suggestions would be great for planning.  I know that a wonky version of this block was just done as a quilt along on quilt dad's blog, but mine will give exact measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment